If you want to hire a foreigner or get married and bring them to Japan, but if you want to he/she will stay in Japan for a medium to long term, he/she must obtain a residence permit.

Foreigners can go to the diplomatic missions abroad in Japan to apply, but after receiving the application, they will be sent to their home country (Japan), and if they are examined and permission is given, they will be sent to the diplomatic missions abroad and issued, but it will be issued for several months. It will take a few days.

The system of conducting the examination in Japan in advance is the “Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence”.


Certificate of residence status

The Certificate of Eligibility is issued by the Minister of Justice (Immigration Bureau) in advance to determine whether the activities (employment, marriage, etc.) that foreigners landing in Japan are going to carry out in Japan are compatible with the Japanese status of residence system. It will be issued if it is judged that the conditions are met.


If a foreigner who has been issued a certificate of status of residence presents it to an overseas public hall in Japan and applies for a visa, the conditions for landing related to the status of residence are the conditions of the Minister of Justice (Immigration Bureau). It is treated as having completed the preliminary examination, there is no inquiry to the home country (Japan), and the visa will be issued promptly.

Similarly, landing examinations upon arrival in Japan will be conducted easily and quickly.


Flow / procedure

Invited guests in Japan submit an “application for Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence” to the Immigration Bureau

When you receive the “Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence”, send it to the foreigner (such as EMS at the post office).

The foreigner who received it goes to the Japanese diplomatic mission abroad with the “Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence” and “Passport” and applies for the issuance of a “Visa”.

After receiving a “visa”, leave for Japan

When you arrive in Japan, you will undergo a landing examination, and if you receive a “landing permit”, you will receive a residence card.


Important point

The examination for the issuance of the “Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence” will be the examination of the residence permit, so the same examination will be conducted. Therefore, it is necessary to prepare and submit equivalent documents.

In addition, the expiration date is 3 months from the date of issuance, so it is necessary to land and enter Japan by then.

























    お名前・Your Name (必須・Required)

    会社名・Company Name (法人様でしたらご記入下さい・Please fill in if company status)

    メールアドレス・Mail Address (必須・Required)

    電話番号・Tel Number (必須・Required)



    添付資料・Related documents (もし御座いましたらお送りください・if any)



    Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp

    × How can I help you?